Monday 31 October 2011

Wild west props











For this project at university which I am currently studying Creative arts for Theatre and Film we had to make props and our theme was the wild west.

Pig carcass - I made this in a group of 4 people, we carved the shape of the pig out of polystyrene and then glued on two layers of muslin to harden the carcass and stop bits coming off so we could paint it.

Totem pole - In a group we made a totem pole by making one part of the totem pole each. I molded my part out of clay, then I made a cast using player, then I fiber glassed it and painted it.

Tipi - I made this in a group of 3, we cut the tipi cover out of calico material and painted it. We then put together the structure using bamboo, wrapped the tipi cover around the bamboo and secured the front of the tipi together using wooden sticks which we cut using the ban saw and shaped with sanding.

Sheriff badge - I made these using a silicone mould and then filling the silicone mold with resin. I then used graphite powers to give a bronze and silver look and rubbed black paint into the words and cracks.

Winchester rifle - I made this out of MDF, I cut each piece out using the ban saw and shaped it using the sanding machine. I then painted and used graphite to give a metal look on parts of the gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment